Saturday, May 28, 2016

From an L-Formal Shirt to an S- formal top

Would you believe if I told you this was an L-size formal shirt about an hour before this pic was taken. This is what I did to my hubby;s shirt that was rendered nearly out of use thanks to an ink stain,

I removed teh sleeves and marked the sleeves to be cut, based on my formal shirt of size S

I wanted to get rid of the part with the stain, so decided to cut about 4 inches as shown above

I joined the remaining bottom part of the shirt with the top, while adjusting the extra cloth as tiny gatherings...both in front and back. I did not remove the side stitches and this saved me a lot of stitching and finishing glitches.
I was very happy with the end result, would love to hear from you after you do your version :)

No comments:

Post a Comment